Have you always wanted straight, beautiful teeth, but you’ve been putting off doing anything about it because you think the only solution is metal braces, which seem uncomfortable and unsightly to you? If this sounds familiar, there are a few things you should know about Invisalign®!
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a way to get straighter teeth without the discomfort and hassle of traditional metal braces. You probably know someone who has used Invisalign to straighten their teeth – you might have even talked to someone today who was wearing an Invisalign tray and you didn’t even know it!
Here are some other things you should know about Invisalign:
• Invisalign is close to invisible. The system uses clear plastic trays that fit over your teeth and move them into their proper place. It is very difficult for others to tell when you have your tray on.
• They are easy to take care of. When you have traditional metal braces, you have to be careful what you eat so that you don’t hurt your wires or brackets, and when it comes time to brush and floss you have to maneuver around everything. With Invisalign, taking good care of your teeth is easy, and you don’t have to worry about breaking a bracket off – you simply take out your tray when you eat and when you brush and floss.
• They are comfortable to wear. You don’t have to deal with brackets rubbing against your cheek or wires poking you, and you don’t have to deal with the discomfort that follows having braces tightened.
• Most people are good candidates for Invisalign. This is true even if you’ve had braces in the past.
• Invisalign helps with a variety of problems. You’ll have straighter teeth, but Invisalign can also help to eliminate crowding, which can prevent jaw pain and problems. Having straight teeth also makes it easier to keep them clean, which reduces your chances of getting cavities.
If you always wanted straighter teeth without having to deal with metal braces, you are in luck! Invisalign may be just the answer for you. Contact Pound Ridge Cosmetic Dentistry for an Invisalign consultation. Call 914-468-4759 for an appointment today!